After reading Ezekiel 39, it makes you wonder why God allows situations to develop into such a mess. What is His ultimate purpose and how do we understand that purpose?
Billy Graham once said, “Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has”. Adversity does build character and it is times of adversity that many come to God for a solution. The Bible tells us of our problem of sin and that the solution is in Christ. Our purpose then should be to make sure the whole world hears about it. My hope is that this video provides a little inspiration for your day: Until the Whole World Hears – Casting Crowns .
Today’s reading has made me think about our disappointments. Many times, we can be disappointed but we must maintain faith that there is something better ahead. No matter what happens in life, God loves us and that is all that matters. This day with God, be thankful that we can pray to a powerful God and that because of Jesus, the Holy Spirit is with us to help make the needed adjustments along the journey.
- You must remain standing – there is hope….please! You can prosper and turn adversity into wealth, again! (9millionvoices.com)
- The dog and leash explanation of adversity (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Always Giving Thanks in Everything (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- …in God’s hands (evanlaar1922.wordpress.com)
- Seeking Wisdom: Being Realistic in Adversity (atruediscipleofchrist.wordpress.com)
- Ezekiel 39 – 41 Questions for Reflection (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)