The psalmist in Psalm 120 was put in a bad situation because someone was lying about him and he needed the Lord’s help. This psalm was probably written by David when on the run from King Saul and he sought help through prayer.
Those that want power and control bring about this desire for war and not peace. Take a look at the fighting that goes on between religions and how they make those that do not believe in their specific form of faith a pariah. Sometimes the battle is a negative culture being pushed on people like a cancer on an otherwise healthy society. The problem is sin but the answer is God’s Son who paid the price.
Let us follow this example of David as presented in today’s passage and go to the Lord in prayer when in distress. Let us depend on the Him to take on our battles so that evil is overcome with good. When facing our enemies, let’s ask the Lord to provide for our needs and protect us until things are made right in His timing.
- Questions for Reflection – Psalm 120 – 123 (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)
- The Fear of the Lord Is the Beginning Of Wisdom (smritidisaac.wordpress.com)
- “Samuel?” (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- An ancient failed leadership story from the bible (zingingleaves.wordpress.com)
- 1 Samuel 18. Saul becomes jealous of David (bummyla.wordpress.com)