At this link, is a piano piece that I’ve found helps me in reflecting on my Bible readings and helps when trying to understand the lessons God is teaching.
Today, I’m reading in Ezekiel 42. A tour of the area which includes the rooms for the Priests is given. These buildings are in close proximity to the temple proper and altar.
Today’s reading emphasizes to me the need to separate the holy and common. There is a need to set aside time to give to the Lord the devotion that is His due; to be in a holy space to pray. Time with God is a special time that we need to plan for each day. We need to think of what to pray for and how to spend our time. Each day with God, we can seek a plan of action from Him. He can give insight into how to play our part in a preferred future and give plans to make a difference in society.
Time spent with God is effective time. Amazing things happen when setting aside time with him. More treasure is found and gold is mined during time spent with God than will ever be taken from the earth. We need to follow the example of Jesus who rose early in the morning to spend His time with God before He spent His time with the “busyness” of His world.
- Ezekiel 42-43 Questions for Reflection (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)
- “Prayer and Perseverance: The Healing of the Dead Girl and Sick Woman.” (joshuacaleb32.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 1 Audience (bibleopia.wordpress.com)
- Ezekiel 34 : Woe to the Shepherds (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- busy or scared? (called2teach.wordpress.com)
- Ezekiel’s Conscience (thetestofthecross.wordpress.com)
- 120209 – George Hach’s Journal – Thursday (georgehachmyblog.wordpress.com)
- How Should a Man Be Just With God? (justificationbygrace.com)
- Submit You Ways to the Lord (communionwithjesus.wordpress.com)