David asked the Lord to hear his prayer in Psalm 86; to guard his life, have mercy, give joy, preserve his soul, teach him to walk in His ways, have mercy on him, and to give a sign of His goodness so his enemies would be put to shame. In each case, David believes his request will be granted because of his devotion to God.
Billy Graham once said, “Man has two great spiritual needs. One is for forgiveness. The other is for goodness”. My hope is that you will be inspired by this video: My Desire – Jeremy Camp.
A person absolutely devoted to God will have only one worry in life. How will they have time to possibly gather in all the abundance of joy, peace, and favor God gives? They will need to start finding others to help gather it all in. That’s how momentum builds like a wave so that God’s message spreads from sea to shining sea and around the world.
David faced enemies and we face enemies too; things that are at war on the inside like lack of time, being pulled in different directions so we can’t focus on a particular task, bad habits that keep us from being all we could be, and the list goes on and on. But we can believe amazing things will happen this day with God! Choose parts of David’s prayer in Psalm 86 to use as you pray today. Believe like David that your request will be granted.
- Psalm 84 – 86 Questions for Reflection (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)
- Wednesday, December 7, 2011 @ Psalms 140-142 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 1 “Wicked and Godly” (jeremysells.wordpress.com)
- The Tree (demorrieaux.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Prayer (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 119: God’s Help for Stumbling Into Sin (mainwriters.com)
- What do I delight in?? (americaneedsmoms.wordpress.com)
- The Heart of Godly Obedience (chrisrquinlan.wordpress.com)