The questions below can be used to stimulate thought about each block of reading:
What resources do the disciples have? What have you received from God to minister to others?
To what extent is God with you in your circumstances even though physically separated? What powers does Jesus have?
What relationship between knowledge, response and God’s judgment do you see in Jesus’ dealings with the Pharisees? Define defile. Relate verse 11 with verses 2 and 8. How does Jesus amplify this with his disciples?
What is Jesus’ understanding of his earthly role in God’s plan? What can you learn from these verses about compassion, humility, and faith?
- Jesus Walks on Water (fellowshipofsaintsandsinners.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Acceptance (citesimon.com)
- You can feed 5000 (or more) (benclapton.id.au)
- Walking on the water: The spiritual meaning of the historical event (newtheologicalmovement.blogspot.com)
- Matthew Chapter 14 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- Matthew 11-12 questions (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)
- Looking At The Wind (injesus.wordpress.com)