In Daniel 9, a prayer is offered by Daniel who had been studying and learning that the desolation of Jerusalem would last for seventy years which was soon approaching. This prayer was to plead with the Lord after admitting the wrong the people of Judah had done. They had been unfaithful; refusing to obey God’s laws which resulted in judgment upon them. Their homeland had been destroyed and they had been exiled to Babylon for all these years.
While Daniel is praying, Gabriel appeared to give insight and understanding about Israel’s future in which foretold was six things that would occur over the next 490 years.
- The rebellion against God will be finished
- Sin will be put away during the Messiah’s reign
- Atonement will be made based on sacrifice
- A righteous government will be established under the Messiah
- All prophecies will be fulfilled
- Messiah’s reign will be inaugurated with righteousness
Many like to complain and go around obstacles instead of removing them for others who are coming right behind them. Daniel saw the obstacle and shows initiative by seeking God’s help through prayer to remove it.
Like Daniel, we should initiate our prayers to God with a mind-set of openness and honesty; asking for His wisdom, understanding, and guidance. This day with God, let us get ready for the challenge of this day by going to the ONE who removes obstacles and passionately stirring each other up to boldly step ahead.