Reading in Song of Songs 2-3, the girl twice describes her beloved as “a gazelle or a young stag” (2:9, 17). This suggests that her beloved comes with great passion and grace. In a similar way, Christ came to fulfill His purpose on earth with passion and grace in spite of all the difficulties.
Spring imagery fills the speech in Song of Songs 2:11-15. The imagery describes the return of the Lord Jesus because like spring, everything is new and the old has passed away. Like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband, spring flowers which communicate God’s grace adorn the earth. This same thought is brought out in Revelation 21:1-5 below.
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
What makes you genuinely happy? Are they short term or long term? All of us should pause along the way of life and celebrate. Look forward to the future with optimism and be inspired by the God’s blessings which are forever. Let us cast off discouragements and come to Christ daily for a new beginning. Let us also pray for others we can invite to come to Christ.
- Questions for Reflection – Study of Song of Songs 1- 4 (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)
- All Things New. (suncrestcultivating.wordpress.com)
- Has Science Decided How You Will Live – Is it Your Salvation? (vineoflifenews.com)
- In the name of Jesus is supreme power and authority (davidcampbelljr.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy Your Breakfast Now…They Don’t Serve Breakfast In Hell!! Nope! (godssceneryandpromises.wordpress.com)
- Celebrating Christ the King (christianityandvirtue.wordpress.com)