Yesterday, we continued the sermon series “Wisdom for Life”. At this link: Pastor’s Podcast, you can see each message of the series. Yesterday, the message was titled “Wisdom for Parents”.
Here is a link to the main points of the message: outline of the message:
The book of Proverbs in the Bible gives us wisdom that can really guide our life and help in being a parent. There are Proverbs that tell us to use words that lead a child in the right direction. There are Proverbs that help us to know what matters most which is to pattern our life after Jesus. There are Proverbs that tell us to make each day matter and that our job as a parent is to direct children to God’s path. There are Proverbs that tell us to be consistent as we set boundaries and parameters that guide children. Most of all, we should understand that our Heavenly Father through Christ is the best parent that ever lived.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. – James 3:17
- (#31) The Proverbs of Solomon 10:26-30-Being Lazy or Wicked Ends Badly (fellowshiproom.org)
- Proverbs 9. Wisdom and stupidity. Wisdom’s invitation. True wisdom. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Increased In Wisdom – Luke 2:52 (trinitarianliving.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 8. In praise of wisdom. Wisdom is everlasting. Wisdom speaks. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Getting Wisdom (thecranmerproject.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 2. The value of wisdom. The rewards of wisdom. Wisdom and bad friends. Wisdom and sexual purity. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What Is A Proverb? (practicalbibleteaching.wordpress.com)
- Your Word for This Day: Go Get It! (thotam.com)